VA Form 21-686c: Declaration of Status of Dependents

Before a living veteran can sponsor his or her family for CHAMPVA benefits, the veteran must get a permanent and total disability rating from the Department of Veterans Affairs.  And that means being entitled to receive a monthly disability compensation … Continue reading

How to Claim a Dependent for VA Disability Compensation

If you are rated permanently and totally disabled (P&T) by the Department of Veterans Affairs, and you qualify to sponsor your loved ones for CHAMPVA benefits, you should claim them as dependents before enrolling them in CHAMPVA.  Eligible veterans are … Continue reading