Usually, CHAMPVA is quick to process claims. But if you are a beneficiary and filed a claim on your own — most likely, to be reimbursed — you might still want to follow up on it, especially if it seems to be taking too long. The fastest, most convenient way to check the status of a CHAMPVA claim is by using its automated voice recording service.
End of Advertisement
Check CHAMPVA Claim Status by Phone
To check the status of a CHAMPVA claim by automatic voice recording if you are a beneficiary:
- Dial the VA Health Administration Center customer service number, currently 1-800-733-8387.
- Press #4 for “beneficiary.”
- Press #4 again to access automated system.
- Press #1 for “claims.”
- Enter the Social Security Number of the person for whom the claim was made.
- Enter the date of service in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
The recording will tell you if such a claim is found in the system. If so, it will tell you if the claim has been processed and how it was paid.
The recording will provide details such as:
- The status of the claim
- The check number
- The amount paid
- To whom payment has been made
If you have questions after listening to the recording, press #0.
Tips for Checking Status of Your Claims
- Have the claim information ready, such as your SSN, the date of service of the claim, the amount claimed, and the original provider billing statement
- Note the name of the customer service representative who takes your call
- Remember that all phone calls are recorded for quality and training purposes (so don’t say anything you don’t want recorded)
- Give CHAMPVA some time to process your claim. Wait at least 30 days.
- Make sure you provide the correct SSN for the claim. Use the beneficiary’s SSN, not the veteran sponsor’s. If it is for childbirth and no more than 3 days’ service, use the mother’s SSN, not that of the newborn baby.
- LISTEN CAREFULLY to the options by phone. VA may change its menus often.
This website, CHAMPVAbenefits.com, is NOT affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs or any part of the U.S. government. Please DO NOT send us information about yourself such as your SSN, name, address, etc. for help with CHAMPVA. Further, we cannot guarantee that the information here is accurate and up-to-date. To ensure you have the latest information, please visit the official CHAMPVA home page at http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/champva.asp. Your use of this site means you agree to and understand this disclaimer. Thank you!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.